Certified Angus Beef (CAB)
Central carries a wide fresh meat assortment for its members. Central provides its members with the highest quality fresh meat products available of: beef, poultry, pork, lamb & veal, and seafood.
Certified Angus Beef (CAB) represents approximately 60% of Central’s beef sales to its members. The brand is a cut above USDA Prime, Choice and Select.
The Certified Angus Beef brand is brought to you by generations of family farmers and ranchers who are dedicated to the production of high-quality Angus cattle. Their commitment to excellence yields premium beef that earns the Certified Angus Beef brand.
Not all Angus are Equal
Unlike other Angus brands, Certified Angus Beef product is controlled all the way down the line. The brand’s integrity is maintained by tracking every pound of beef (more than half a billion pounds or 3.5 billion servings a year). The Certified Angus Beef brand is the original Angus brand and has the highest quality standards of all Angus brands. Its 10 science-based specifications are so strict that only 8% of all beef qualifies.
- Only 1 in 4 Angus cattle qualify for the Certified Angus Beef brand. Certified Angus Beef brand dominates in:
- Product quality and consistency
- Consumer recognition
- A heritage rooted in ranching
- The only brand owned by the American Angus Association's 35,000 cattle ranchers.
- The brand trusted by the world's top chefs and steakhouses.
- The only brand to track every pound of beef from the packing plant to consumers.